The most annoying thing about getting iMessage on your handset is the ‘waiting’ error that almost everyone encounters. There are people who are absolutely in love with the iPhone, but the activation error “iMessage not working” can be a bit of a downer for some users. Is there a fix to fix this error or discard it instantly? Yes, it is and here’s how you can manage to come around that irritating error message.
This problem is mainly noted in new users of the iPhone where they don’t exactly know the protocol to install iMessage in their phones so the error pops up. For some users, it can be solved within a few seconds, but it could be an indefinite period for some as well. Despite having a good connection, the error doesn’t seem to go away so keep reading to find out an easy fix to this problem.
Related: Get iMessage on PC
Things To Be Kept in Mind Before You Install iMessage on iPhone
- Make sure the time and date are accurately set on your phone. All your internet messaging applications will operate on the set time and date so they won’t be activated if the handset’s information isn’t right.
- Preferably carry out this procedure while the WiFi is on. It allows a faster connection so that the process can be done easily.
- Having a proper network on your phone is also another important factor. Stay in areas that allow the phone to have a good network.
Download: GarageBand for PC
How to Activate iMessage On Your Handset?
If you have followed all the previous steps and your phone still shows ‘iMessage waiting for activation’ error, there’s another way to deal with it.
- Disable Facetime and iMessage from the notification settings on your phone.
- Put your phone on Airplane mode and then just switch on the WiFi.
- Enable iMessage and Facetime on your phone and sign in using your Apple ID.
- Put your phone off Airplane mode and wait for the normal notifications from these apps.
Read E-book On: Kik For PC
This method works in the most difficult cases depending your network carrier or data connection. Even if this doesn’t work, try to repeat the process a few times until it happens for you.
If you’re still having issues, you might need other assistance on the matter:
- Re-enter with your Apple ID – Sometimes a simple sign out and sign in works perfectly. The moment you sign back in with your Apple ID, any relevant apps will begin to function again because it resets your apps.
- Customer support – Maybe your mobile’s network carrier is having certain issues so make sure you contact them for help. If there’s any problem, they would be guiding you on how to solve the problem.
- Reboot – The last option is definitely rebooting your handset and restoring all your apps.
Even if everything you have tried failed, contact the Apple store that you have purchased the phone from. They will know exactly what is going on and if you can’t install iMessage, they would do it for you.