OYO Hotels & Homes has recently launched the OYO LITE app which has been “designed as a solution to connectivity and storage constraints on phones” as pointed out by its Chief Technology Officer, Anil Goel. This application occupies comparatively lesser phone space and requires much less data for performing on an Android platform. This, if you had been suffering from low-connectivity issues, then you can bank on this uber cool app for enhancing your user experience.
A size less than 800 KB helps in offering an optimized user interaction time as well as a seamless experience. Mr Anil Goel further added that, “this product would be ideal for travelers who are remotely connected to the Internet as well as those with basic smartphones.” OYO LITE will occupy less than 7% of the size occupied by its predecessor OYO app and is currently available for installation in the Play Store.
All last-minute travelers can now make plans without having to worry about the availability of high quality accommodation facilities as well as adequate network which can ensure a comfortable stay with a simple press of the button. Mr Goel also pointed out that, “With security, quality, location and price being key considerations for a majority of travellers in the budget to mid-scale segment, OYO aims to help create a perfect space in every place by solving for each of the said considerations through a combination of technology and on-ground interventions.”
Features Of OYO LITE App
- In-app SOS button can guarantee assistance from its 24*7 OYO Safety Response Team (SRT) as well as the on-ground hotel staff.
- Users can place a call to local law enforcement authorities from across the country using the button.
- It requires less than 1 MB of storage space which is sufficient for guaranteeing a smooth booking experience.
- This slow network friendly app allows browsing through and booking hotels irrespective of the network strength available.One-tap cancellation makes it easy to alter your plans.
- Beverages or room service can be ordered at hotels using your mobile wallet balance.
- Users get to enjoy sunrise check-in at a plethora of hotels without having to shell out any extra cost.
How To Use OYO LITE App?
You will have to primarily open the application and type in your location or maybe use your current location through GPS for searching nearby hotels.
In the next step, you will have to select your preferred room and click on the book button.
You can either complete the payment in the third step or pay directly at the hotel in accordance with your preference.
The main mission of OYO is to serve its users with high grade living spaces. This is why they don’t think twice before going an extra mile to provide guests with the perfect dwelling experience. This spirit helps in bringing ahead constant innovation for benefitting customers in the best manner possible and OYO LITE stands out as the best example of such an innovative drill.
OYO has definitely turned into an extremely popular app which is widely being used across 500 cities and caters to 4 million travellers on a daily basis. It has more than 45000 holiday homes, 18000 buildings and 636,000 units under management. Leading investors like Sequoia Capital, SoftBank Vision Fund, Hero Enterprise, Lightspeed Ventures and China Lodging Group have backed up OYO over years. So, if you are planning your next trip and wish to keep the whole thing simple, then think no further and book your stay with OYO LITE.