Download Termux for PC Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
What if the coders get a platform where they can easily run and execute commands in Linux based terminal from anywhere in the world? Also, what if they get this platform on their mobiles, PC and laptops? Well, with the help of the Termux app for PC, the users can easily run and test any number of Linux commands without using the identical OS. Termux app which is one of the most popular app having more than 5,000,000+ installations is developed by Fredrik Fornwall. Basically a built-in CLI for Android smartphones allows the usage of cross platform services on non-identical OS.
Anyone can find the app very easily on Google play store and this is one the renowned platform for students or professionals both. It is a very lightweight app having the app rating of 5.0. The graphical user interface is very easy to use as a layman can easily get to understand the app.
It is a boon for Android users as the Termux app for Android is the official version. Since there is no official version to get installed on PC or Laptop Windows but we bought the cracking guide to download Termux app on PC or Laptop Windows with ease of steps.
Now, let us have a quick look at the features and download steps for PC.
What are the Features of Termux App?
The features of Termux app are:
Being an open source solution, the Termux app amalgamates its packages with the powerful terminal emulation.
The user has the ability to install what they want from the “APT package management system” which is specifically well-known as Linux and Debian.
3. Explore the App
In Termux, you can use the packages in such a manner that one reads the man pages in a single session and on the other hand one can experiment with the other.
4. Updated Versions
In the Termux app, you will get all the updated versions of Python, Node.js, Perl, Ruby at one go.
5. Bluetooth Keyboard
After connecting with the Bluetooth keyboard, you can connect to all the external displays with your device which is amazing. That Termux keyword allows you the full support of the mouse and keyboard shortcuts.
6. Set of Packs
You can choose among the fish, Bash, nano, Zsh, Vim or Emacs. To store the complete backup on a remote server, you can easily access the API endpoints and use the command of rsync to store the backups.
Requirements to Use Termux App on PC
The Minimum requirement to use Termux on PC Windows are as below:
- A Renowned Bluestacks Emulator
- Laptop, PC or Desktop (Windows or Mac)
- And Ofcourse this Guide
Download: Photomath for PC Windows 10/8/7
How to Download Termux on PC Windows (10/8/7) and Mac Using Bluestacks?
To download the Termux on PC Windows 10/8/7, we need to install the emulator first i.e. Bluestacks, which will ease the task of downloading the app on PC without any hassle. Let us see the further steps in detail:
- Initially, download the official version of Bluestacks on your PC. The reason that I am saying an official version is crucial as never get the emulator for the doubtful resource.
- Afterwards, when you are assured that the Bluestacks.exe file gets downloaded then double click on that file to start the installation process.
- Then it will prompt you with “Accept/Decline” the license, do “Accept” the software license and tap on the “Next” button. Moreover, hit the “Launch Bluestacks” checkbox and tap on to the “Finish” button.
Now it will ask you to fill some forms which you can fill like gmail ID, choosing a software language etc. When you are done with the forms, it will take you to the home interface.
- Afterwards, just tap it onto the play store and now move onto the search bar and type Termux. Press enter.
- Hit the install button thereafter and now your favourite Termux app is on your Windows PC.
Also Check: Download Orbot VPN on PC Windows/MAC
How to Download Termux for PC Windows 10/8/7 and Mac Using MEmu?
Well, after introducing Bluestacks, the installation of Termux is quite easy but sometimes if the configuration of the PC is very low then using an alternate option is the only choice. So the alternative option that you can use is Memu Emulator to download Termux for PC Windows or Mac. Let us have a look on the steps:
- First step is to download the Memu emulator from the trusted resource.
- After this process, carry on with the installation process and choose to run as administrator.
- Next step is to login from your personal Google account and then open the Play store.
- Now write Termux in the search bar and press enter.
- Tap on the install button to start the installation process. Here is the Termux app on your PC right away.
Termux, being an awesome app it serves the purpose of trying coding on Linux platform with a user friendly interface. Officially, this app is for Android phones but with the help of the above guide you can easily download and install the Termux app on Windows 10/8/7 or Mac. The steps explained above are in such a manner that a layman also could be able to understand without facing any hassle. So, the coders, students and professionals must try this app and tell us your views about it. Also, if you face any problem while installing don not be afraid to comment below. We will be happy to resolve your queries.